Tuesday 14 May 2013

A Holiday To Remember Forever

I don’t really know how to start this post, there are no words to sum up this last week or to sum up how I feel now it’s over. But, I need to write the story of mine and Laura’s holiday to Dorset whilst it’s fresh in my mind!
So, on Friday the 3rd of may, my garage room was full to the brim of bags and boxes for the trip. Laura and Duke (her puppy) arrived at mine at around half 9ish and we took the dogs for a run on the park in the dark. They hadn’t seen eachother for a few weeks so they were hyper to say the least plus I think they knew something was going on! We went to bed about 11ish so Laura could have a good nights sleep for the journey down the next day and we arose at 6:30 am. Grim! After taking the dogs for a run on the field we came back and began running round like idiots trying to pack the van with all our stuff. There was so much! We finally got ourselves and the pups in the van for 8:15 and set off on our 5 hour journey to Dorset!
The back of the van

All set to go!
 
The journey down on the motorway consisted of Disney songs, and me telling Laura weird but wonderful stories about an ex. All I will say is ‘blew his nose on the road’ haha! We stopped for lunch near oxford then a problem occurred in the form of Laura’s phone (which was our sat nav) ran out of battery. I rung my parents and got some directions as they were travelling up to, but basically we had to wing it until we got into Dorset. And you would think then it would be all plain sailing? It wasn’t. We got lost for about an hour driving round the same roundabout about 10 times looking for the a3bloody51 which none of us could spot! I was on the phone to my dad getting stressed and at one point Laura actually stopped the car and got out! I thought she was going to run into the middle of the road! It was at that point my phone also ran out of battery so it was gameover and we had no choice but to find the a351 by ourselves. After Laura had taken a painkiller we travelled slowly round that roundabout and I can not describe the relief we felt when we saw the a351 signposted! We arrived at the cottage about an hour behind what we would have hoped but managed to lug our things in whilst my parents watched the dogs, who were loving running wild round the garden. The cottage was great, with the lounge, spare bedroom and bathroom on the middle floor, 2 bedrooms on the top floor and the kitchen on the bottom floor it was a lot of space for all our things! The cottage people had been kind enough to leave us a bottle of wine and some malteasers as a welcome present and it wasn’t long until we cracked open the wine to have with our pizza buffet tea. After tea we headed to the beach with the boys and they absolutely loved it! Both of them went into the sea, George a little more keen than Duke. And I was so happy to be back at the place I love with my best friend with me! When we got back to the cottage the boys were quite tired so we sat in the lounge and finished our wine watching a film about someone being kidnapped. Around midnight we went to bed.
We're here!!
 

7am came round, as did the sound of George’s screams wanting to be let out to play! Because the weather was still really warm we spent the morning in the garden with the dogs and filled up the paddling pool for them which they loved. We had dinner at the best chippy in the world then walked the dogs along the promenade. We wanted to go further but because it was still the bank holiday, it was really busy and its hard to navigate two puppies in crowds. I remember us laughing at this one man who was conked out in his sun lounger in the middle of everybody rushing around him- how is that relaxing! We went back to the garden and did some more chilling and sunbathing having our funny conversations then only afterwards realising that the neighbours who were in their garden probably heard every word haha! For tea we went over to my parents apartment where they were staying and had a roast dinner. Because their place was no dogs allowed the boys had to sit in the patio area and sulked and pulled their faces at us through the glass! After tea we went for another walk on the beach then came back to the cottage and cracked open the drinks! We had champagne, cider and blue vodka mix on the rocks which ended with us singing into the camera and having one of the best heart to hearts we have ever had. We talked about brucie and got upset but also about how close we are as friends and how there’s nobody else we could have been having as good a time with as eachother. Really cheesy but it was nice.
 
Monday morning we woke up with hangovers! I’m so glad Laura lent me her sunglasses that day, I felt like my head was gunna explode. At one point when we were on the beach I thought I was going to throw up! We took on the beach one of them open tent things, but it seemed I forgot the poles so we had to just sit on it and try to push the dogs off whenever they came near! We were having a sit down when a family came arguing past us, a mum, a dad and their chubby kid all shouting at eachother about who should have carried what to come to the beach. It was amusing. It was also funny later on when a man walked his two dogs past and the same chubby kid came stumbling back from the sea shouting ‘KEEP THEM AWAY FROM MY SANDCASTLE!!’ We threw sticks for the dogs in the sea and contemplated going in ourselves because it was so warm! After a couple of hours we headed to the Bankes Arms for a pub lunch and found the beer garden was absolutely packed! We had to stand around like lemons gawping at people waiting for a table. It was about 10 minutes before a couple got up and we swooped in and claimed the table! After ordering our food, we realised we were number 95 and they were up to 54. We spent the half an hour waiting observing the people around us and missing the funny moment when a couple both fell off their bench nearby. After the food, we went to the co-op and got some supplies for our spaghetti bolognaise tea. The tea tasted good if I do say so myself but lets just say there was a lot of it! We made far too much for just two people and it felt like however much we ate the food on the plate just wasn’t going anywhere! After tea we had some champagne with my parents then after they left we put on the film ‘coyote ugly’ as Laura had never seen it. Even though I’ve seen it millions of times, watching it with Laura was different because I laughed at so many more things, every film I watch with her is like that. There was one part where the guy is dancing on the bar and I know she will know which bit I mean which I don’t think either of us will forget! Haha! We didn’t have too much to drink that night and got to bed about 1ish I think.


Tuesday morning we decided to make a full English breakfast. Halfway through the smoke alarm began to go off and Laura was running around upstairs trying to waft the smoke about whilst coughing her lungs up while I struggled not to burn everything downstairs needing immediate help! It was a stressful situation to say the least with the doggies cuddling on the stairs both looking really scared! In the end it turned out alright, few things were burned but all you can do is laugh right! We then took a walk up the hills near the shore and sat down halfway up to enjoy the view. The boys met so many other dogs up there and it was nice to just be able to chat in the sun. Afterwards we had an ice cream at the seagull café and Laura couldn’t understand a word the woman was saying so she didn’t get the ice cream she wanted, but ate it anyway. There was a really cute Doberman patrolling around as well! Afterwards we put the dogs in their beds for half an hour and nipped to the shop for supplies for our tea which was to be fajitas! We also bought a new pop up tent thing and a football for the dogs to play with. The ball lasted about 5 minutes before it was popped and we had a nice sunbathe in the garden, again forgetting that neighbours could probably hear us we talked a lot about erm guitars haha. I also exchanged a couple of sentences with a boy too :0
We kept joking about seeing a woman ghost in our spare bedroom window, but the joke wasn’t so funny at night time! We made fajitas successfully even though Laura binned the box with the instructions in she took one for the team and fished it back out of the poo bag bin! We had micro chips with our fajitas too and they were awesome! After tea we went on our beach walk again and me and Laura got the giggles walking down and then we couldn’t stop. A dog walking funny, Laura pretending to pull the plug out of a caravan were sending is into fits of giggles! On the beach we stayed later than everyone else and sat on a rock making funny hand gestures (you’ll know what I’m referring to Laura ;) ). Back home at the cottage, we had quite a lot to drink and it was probably our drunkest night of the holiday. I don’t remember much of what we talked about but I know we had a good time! It was 4am when we got into bed and 6 am when we actually got to sleep- woops!!

8:30 soon came round as did the sound of George. I crept out of bed, let him out then collapsed on the sofa feeling like the living dead. Laura emerged after and made us both a cup of well needed tea. I think we just sat in silence for a few minutes while the dogs bounced around wrestling and playing their little games. We set out about half 10 to get the train to Corfe, a small old fashioned village about 20 minutes from where we were staying. £24 I think it was for us both and the boys to travel on the steam train! We had like a married couple discussion in the middle of the waiting room while the lady waited before we purchased our tickets! Whilst waiting for the train something so funny and so typically us happened but I can’t really put it in my blog, so all I will say is ‘Bog Standard’ hahaha. On the train the pups decided to have a wrestle, then when the bloody thing started moving they decided to fall asleep! After we payed for them to come on their first choo choo train we weren’t having that so we sat them at the window to watch. Duke started licking the window and this weird man kept walking past and gawping into our carriage! We quoted harry potter aswell ofcourse J We almost forgot to get off the train when we arrived in Corfe, and we took a walk around the castle. We didn’t go in as it would have been tricky with the dogs, but it was a nice walk and George found a stream to paddle in. We got dinner in the ‘Greyhound’ pub and sat in our own little section. Laura met a huge man at the bar who had to hoist himself out of his chair and we shared most of our dinner with the dogs. We laughed so much in that pub, no wonder the waitress had a face on when I asked her for mayo. After dinner we had a cream tea in a garden overlooking the castle and felt really silly sat near all these sophisticated people while we talked about events of the previous night and giggled away. After we got the train home, we headed straight to the beach to tire the dogs out and had a rainy half an hour. We basically had the beach to ourselves and it was one of my favourite times on the beach. Laura kept trying to film the dogs to show her parents but I kept accidentally saying stupid things and oh the looks she was giving me! It was then I realised that in her presence I am an utter crazy person! We walked back talking all the way about dogs, and planning our next ones. At the cottage we got into bed in the spare bedroom, got all snug, the dogs slept at the bottom of the bed and we watched 101 Dalmatians with hot chocolates. I’ll never forget that, even though it was so simple it made that day my favourite of the holiday. It just felt perfect. Afterwards, we got showers and got ready for our meal in the posh restaurant ‘the bull and boat’ by the shore where apparently jonathan ross eats at! My parents came round to watch the boys and we had a really nice meal though it felt weird without them! The menu was so posh too that we had to google what the meals were before we ordered haha! We had a great chat and both talked about how we were already dreading having to come home. As we walked back along the promenade in the dark the wind really picked up and we got back to the boys for about 10pm. When we were home we watched 102 Dalmatians in bed and all 4 of us ended up falling asleep so we decided to call it a night!

Thursday morning, it was really windy but the sun was out abit more than it had been the previous day. We headed to an animal sanctuary where we kept making the ‘DO SOMETHING’ joke haha. There was a few animals but not as much as we had hoped. There was 2 goats, one looked like Gandalf and the other kept butting the fence while the dogs shit themselves! We then went to my parents for dinner, then onto a different end of the beach where it was practically deserted. The wind had really picked up now and we tried to put up our pop up tent thing. It nearly blew away so many times and the pegs wouldn’t stick into the ground so somebody had to be sitting in it at all times to keep it from moving. Despite this though, me and Laura had a good laugh in it while the boys played in the sea and dug holes around the tent. Laura actually part buried duke in the sand and he wasn’t bothered, in fact I think he liked it! We also went into the sea, just ankle deep though it was freezing cold! But I’m glad we did it! After a couple of hours we made our way back along the beach but had forgotten my grandma had the bag for out tent so we had to carry it between us looking ridiculous and in the end Laura ended up carrying it, thanks bab! Haha! Back home we got ready to go out for another meal, this time with the dogs and my family to a pub called ‘The Halfway House’. The meal was really nice and we had a really good time. Back in the cottage we watched ‘for the love of dogs’ with Paul O’grady in it, then began drinking again. We had champagne and finished off vodka and the blue vodka. Again we had such a great night, a really good laugh and got to bed around 4ish. Pretty sad that we would be waking up to our last day.

Friday morning came around, and we were both feeling sad about it being the last day. We went to Lulworth Cove with my family, a pebble beach and had a nice sit down on the stones. The weather was abit chilly but the sun came out every now and then. We had a game of chucking stones at a can which my granddad won all 3 times and we saw quite a few other dogs. When we got back home me and Laura put the dogs in bed for an hour and went looking round the shops. We had to giggle at how nice people are down there then they are back at home. Lots of ‘have a lovely weekends’ and it was catching! In boots aswell we had to giggle at someone having a conversation that the whole world could hear and I couldn’t look at Laura. We got a ring each and she bought us both a necklace with our birthstones on it. We both watched homeward bound 2 in bed when we got back with the dogs and Laura fell asleep! I woke her up for tea and we got a chippy, which we ran for haha. Also we couldn’t help but laugh at the ‘keen’ men in there eating them before they got out! After we had the chips we made our way to the beach for the very last time L I knew I would feel sad but I didn’t expect it to bed that emotional as we both sat watching the waves thinking the same thing ‘I don’t want to go home’. We had a game of consequences with my family then had our last beach picture taken. My family left and we stayed another half an hour with the pups, just not wanting to go really. Sad to say we both had a little cry! We soon left and made our way back to the cottage where we filmed ‘the holiday awards’ then watched a film whilst eating sweets from our piñata. The following morning we got up at half 7 and had to run around the cottage packing our things up as we had to be out for 10am. It was stressful but we managed it and the dogs looked all sad to be leaving. We set off at 10:09am exactly for our journey back to ‘crapdon’ as Laura named it and spent the journey back doing identical dances to Disney songs, singing and gawping at people! Heres just a few of our holiday quotes;

-          HOW D’YA DO A FIRE SHOT

-          Aww its an andrex puppy

-          Stop gawping at me

-          DO SOMETHING!

-          Set it on fiiiiiire!

-          Bog standard!
Annoyingly blogger wont let me post anymore photos which is so shit, but they're all on my facebook. Also, I vlogged every day here is Day 1.
 
There’s more, but I don’t want to give all the holiday secrets away :P If you don’t like cheese then don’t read on.
This holiday has honestly been the best one of my life. I’ve been to Dorset about 10 times before but none of them have been this special and I’ve got Laura to thank for that. Spending the week with my best friend has made us even closer than we were which I didn’t think was possible and having the dogs with us made it all the better! I loved every part of the holiday and I’m having a serious case of the holiday blues. When Laura went home on Sunday I felt so lost and sad, miss her loads it was like my right arm had gone! I love her, and the pups to the moon and back. I know we will go to Dorset again, who knows maybe this year or it may be next, but I can’t wait until the four of us return. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment